Top Shelf Lacquer - The Ten Club (March 2019 PPU Exclusive)



I have been a Pearl Jam fan since my teen years in the mid 90s. I was an alternative music girl through and through. I would spend hours in my bedroom, listening to Pearl Jam, and painting on my walls and making collages.  It was all very stereotypical.  While I have changed a lot since my teen years, one thing that has stayed consistent is my undying love of anything Pearl Jam related.

When Polish Pickup announced that March's theme was 'Album Covers', I was really hoping to see a PJ polish included. You can imagine my excitement when it was Top Shelf Lacquer (which I adore) that was doing it. And even more when it was based on the album that started it all, Ten.



The Ten Club is a coral-ish crelly base filled with orange to magenta shifting shimmer, and aurora flakes in pops of green, pink, purple, and orange.

If you look at the collage above, you can see that the polish really matches the inspiration album cover.  It's the addition of the magenta to orange shimmer that really gets me in this polish. It's perfectly compatible with what's happening on the cover and I love it.


I used two coats of The Ten Club (how great is that name?! That's how you know it's a great homage to the band!) for full opacity.  The first coat dried a touch translucent but the second coat really covered up any patches.  It has the application of a creme but the squishy look of a jelly, which really lets the elements of the polish to shine through.





If you're new to Pearl Jam, I would suggest the album Ten is a great place to start.  Some of PJ's most known and loved songs come from this album, such as Alive and Jeremey.  One of my personal Pearl Jam favourites, Black, comes from this album and I promise you won't be sorry if you add it to your playlist.



The Ten Club will be available from Polish Pickup from March 1 - March 4 only. It will be listed for $13 and there is no planned cap.

What is your favourite Pearl Jam song? I'd love to hear from you!



Top Shelf Lacquer

Polish Pickup

No comments