Fiendish Fancies - Famous Blue Raincoat (March 2019 PPU Exclusive)



"Leonard Cohen isn't a singer. He's a poet who sings."
-Author unknown


Happy Sunday morning, everyone!  I'm back again today with another polish for this week's upcoming Polish Pickup 'Album Cover' release.

I will be the first person to admit that I am not hugely into Leonard Cohen. I like his music and feel like the above mentioned quote about him being a poet is spot on. I am more familiar with Cohen's poetry than his music thanks to a high school english teacher who used his poems often when introducing new novels and themes.  You cannot argue Cohen's influence and talent, however.  So, I was not one bit surprised to read that Lara over at Fiendish Fancies decided to create a polish based on one of my personal favourites by Cohen, Famous Blue Raincoat. Even better, she decided to use the cover that was done by Jennifer Warnes which includes Cohen's music and lyrics but changed to focus on the female perspective of the song.




Famous Blue Raincoat is a  bright navy blue base filled with gold flakes and a blue shimmer and subtle holo sparkle.  This polish looks different depending on lighting and skin tone, like most blues would.  My fellow bloggers who received this polish really brought out some of the differences of this polish.  My swatches you see here are true to how the colour looked to my eye when wearing it.

Fiendish Fancies' polishes are always the ones that I get stopped about the most by non-nail polish people when I am out and about doing my thing.  I can't remember a time when I was wearing one of Lara's polishes when someone out in the world didn't stop me to ask me what it was.




Famous Blue Raincoat is almost a one coater polish. I used two coats for the purpose of photography but I probably could have gotten away with just one.  It did dry down to what I would call a demi-matte finish.  Not matte enough to be called a matte but enough that I wanted to use the topcoat to really bring out the depth of the flakes in this polish.  Fiendish Fancies wears really well on me and I got 5 days without any noticeable wear before I changed it.




Low light
Famous Blue Raincoat will be available from Polish Pickup starting March 1st until March 4th. There is a cap of 100 bottles (US/Canada) and 20 bottles (UK) and will retail for $12.

Do you think Lara captured the spirit of Cohen's song?






Fiendish Fancies

Polish Pickup

No comments