Man in Black - My Indie Polish (March 2019 PPU Exclusive)



There's a man goin' 'round takin' names
And he decides who to free and who to blame
Everybody won't be treated all the same
There'll be a golden ladder reachin' down
When the man comes around
-The Man Comes Around, Johnny Cash, American IV

If I was forced to name my favourite album of all time.....more than Pearl Jam, more than U2, more than the Rolling Stones....it would be American IV by Johnny Cash. Other than the song I posted above, it's an album of cover songs sung by Cash. Generally speaking, I'm not much one for cover songs.  This album, though? It transcends covers and Cash actually takes songs written and turns them into his own, and in many cases better than the originals.  Don't believe me? Just listen to 'Hurt'.

Okay, now that I have gone off and waxed poetic about my love for this album, you'll understand my excitement when Tanya of My Indie Polish reached out to see if I was interested in swatching her Cash-inspired offering for March 2019's Polish Pickup theme of 'Album Covers'.




Man in Black is a black crelly filled with silver flakes and a subdued holo sparkle.

Okay, so.  I am not much of a black nail polish fan usually. Probably because in my teen years I exclusively wore black nail polish so these days I enjoy the sparkle and pops of colour.  HOWEVER. This polish is sheer understated perfection. Johnny Cash isn't an over the top guy. He wore black. He loved being at home with his wife. He believed in God. All in all, he was a pretty understated guy himself. I cannot think of a better designed polish to represent the Man in Black.  The crelly base allows the flakes to swim under the surface and the addition of the slight holo is just enough to bring in that sparkle that Johnny always had.



I am a fan of My Indie Polish's formula.  Tanya has been in the business for over seven years, so it's no surprise that she knows what it takes to make a good, easily applied formula.  The first coat is slightly translucent but the second coat achieved complete opacity.  My skin around my fingers tends to hold colour (not the nails, but the skin) so I always use a coat of an oil-based balm before removal to prevent staining, and I had no issues with that. Removal was easy-peasy.




Man in Black will be available from Polish Pickup from March 1st - March 4th and will be priced at $12.50.  I do not believe that there is a cap to this polish but will update if that changes.

Final verdict - I love this polish like Johnny loved June.






My Indie Polish 

Polish Pickup

No comments