Top Shelf Lacquer - Bright Shimmer Quad




I love this time of year when the colour schemes for polish start to change from darker, winter colours into bright, sunny polishes for spring and summer.

Amy of Top Shelf Lacquer asked in her fan group a little while ago for suggestions for ideas for a spring collection.  The winning photo was of a vase of flowers and that photo has been turned into the Bright Shimmer Quad.

Technically, Alcohol is a Solution




Technically, Alcohol is a Solution is described as a watermelon pink jelly with pink to orange shifting shimmer, and tiny scattered holo microglitter.  I really enjoy the colour shift of this polish.  Most often when you see a pink to orange, the pink is a deeper colour and the watermelon base gives it a really fresh look. The orange shift is subtle but obvious.  Oxymoron, I know, but I am not sure how else to describe it.  It's a really pretty shift and I quite like how fun it is.




The formula of this polish is a little more sheer than I am used to with Top Shelf Lacquer polishes.  Since the base is a jelly, I like to do really thin coats and build for opacity. The first coat went on sheer (kind of like a tint polish) but it built up to opacity in three coats.  I used a thin coat, a heavier coat, and a thin coat again. Great formula and the glitters are so tiny that removal was easy peasy.



Let the Evening Be Gin!




Let the Evening Be Gin is described as a jade green jelly base with green to turquoise shifting shimmer and tiny scattered holo microglitters. I am not much of a green polish lover however this one works really well with my skin tone and I was surprised by how much I enjoyed it. It's a fresh cut grass colour that works perfectly for spring. The addition of a shimmer that isn't seen as often makes this polish just right.



Like the pink I posted, the first coat of this polish was on the sheerer side.  With a slightly heavier second coat, I got full coverage.  Top Shelf Lacquer's formula just works really well with my body chemistry and I get really great wear time.  It's obvious how much time Amy has taken to perfect her formula.



Call Me Old Fashioned




Call Me Old Fashioned is a grape purple jelly base with purple to red shifting shimmer with tiny scattered holo microglitters.  Okay, so. Purple. Purple personally isn't my jam but I know that the majority of the indie polish world goes a little bit crazy over purple.  This one is sure to be a hit with those passionate purple people.  I love the subtle shift into red in this polish, which looked more pink on my skin tone.



Same deal with the formula.  Three thin coats, sheerer formula but builds to opacity and allows for the shimmer to shine through.



Time Flies When You're Having Rum




Time Flies When You're Having Rum is described as a turquoise jelly base with a turquoise to lilac shifting shimmer and tiny scattered holo. Okay.....big statement time.  This polish is my favourite Top Shelf Lacquer ever.  I have been buying this brand since its inception and have been blogging for Amy for quite some time as well, so to say my TSL collection is large is an understatement.  This colour is nail polish perfection.  The base colour is the perfect Caribbean sea blue and the shimmer's shift from a bright, saturated turquoise to lilac is stunning.  This right here is why I love indie nail polish - it literally makes me gasp.  I will need backups of this polish.  I can't gush enough.



For this polish, I used a thin coat and two heavier coats to get opacity. Each coat helped to build up and the shimmers that peek out from the layers just glow from within. Nothing to report - it's perfect!



I'll give you all a minute while you pick your jaws up off the floor. While you're collecting yourself, here are the details.

The Bright Shimmer Quad will be available Friday, March 16th, 2018 at 8pm EDT.  Full sets will be available at a discount (but only for two weeks. After that you will need to pay full price and buy them all seperately) for $36 for full size and $28 for Polish Shots (8ml).  They are also available individually for $10/full or $7.50/Polish Shot.

Are you planning to grab any of these? Let me know in the comments.


Top Shelf Lacquer

No comments