Turtle Tootsie Polishes - Valentine's Day Quad

🎶🎶 It's the most wonderful time of the year 🎶🎶

I know, I know. Christmas is done.  I'm talking about Valentine's Day. And not because of all that love and heart and chocolate stuff, either.  It's the time of year when all the indie polish brands release collections full of PINK! And anyone who knows me, knows that I am a woman whose one true love is a pink nail polish.


Every year, Turtle Tootsie Polishes releases a collection especially for Valentine's Day filled with some type of pink and this year, she clear knocked it right out of the park!  Spoiler alert - This collection is my favourite Turtle Tootsie Polishes collection EVER.  Even more than the Spring/Easter collection a couple years ago and I LOVED those things.  So, enough of my babbling and let's get right down to business.

Valentine's Day Quad



Two pinks and two browns (one is a thermal). Be still my little polish lovin' heart.

Make a Wish




Make a Wish is described as a white/light pink crelly with taupe, metallic pink, and mauve/green UCC flakies. It has a very 'dusty' quality that I adore.  From a few feet away it looks like a very work appropriate light pink polish.  When you really look at the details.....I mean, REALLY look.... you can see this little bottle is a masterpiece.  There is just something so perfect about it and it's hard to describe but it wowed me in a really good way!



Make a Wish took three really thin coats to get the coverage you see here.  I like to let each thin coat dry slightly before adding the next to avoid dragging of the layer below because of the flakes.  The thin coats helps it dry quickly.  The formula was really bang on and I found it more the consistency that I prefer (I like it to lean more thin rather than thick) so I found application a dream.



First Kiss



First Kiss is described as a baby pink scattered holo with pink and taupe microflakes.  So, I have decided that taupe should be the accent colour of the year. Simply AH-MAZ-ING.  I love subtly in polish and this one delivered in spades.  The holo sparkle is just enough, the flakes are perfectly micro to add the interest, and the pink is perfect.  I love how this kind of colour can easily double as a neutral on skin tone like mine.



I used two coats to get the coverage you see in these swatches.  Again, I like to let each coat dry for about 2 minutes or so before going in and adding the next.  This polish has that indie thickness (the kind where when you add it to the nail, it stays where you put it until you spread it. Most people prefer this kind of formula.) that I am used to.  No issues with application to report.


Dream Come True




Get ready for photo overload! 

Dream Come True is described as a brown to peach thermal holo with pink holo flakes, pink microflakes, and mauve/green UCC Flakes.  *thud*

Now, I am a thermal lover.  That is no secret and in my stash of, oh, about eleventy billion thermals, I do not have anything that is even close to this thermal combination. Love at first sight, guys.  The brown is a milk chocolatey brown and the peach is warm toned.  It's the details in this polish, though.  The healthy dose of flakes and holo make this polish quite special in my eyes.  I am so glad that it's part of her brand's personal collection rather than in a box or as an exclusive because I hope this polish stays available in her store for a long time.

Warm




The formula of this polish is perfect. Two easy peasy coats that glided onto the nails without any manipulation at all.  I find thermals really work best when they have properly cured so I always wait about an hour after polishing before I photograph them.  This one changes upon the slightest temperature change, which makes it a lot of fun to wear.

Cold





*Collective sigh*

Chocolate Bliss




Chocolate Bliss is described as a dark chocolate brown holo with microflakes and red shimmer.  I would describe this polish as a raspberry chocolate and it looks delicious enough to lick.  Easily a unique polish in my collection of over 3000 polishes and I love how outside of the box it is for a Valentine's Day polish.


I used two easy, smooth coats.  Like 'Make a Wish' above, the formula is that thinner consistency that I am a huge fan of so I adored applying this polish.  There is just something so cathartic about applying a polish that just goes on buttery smooth like that.  I can see this polish getting a ton of love from the masses.


And, there you have it.  The amazing Valentine's Day Quad from Turtle Tootsie Polishes.  I gotta be honest here, I wouldn't be able to choose just one of these to recommend as a top choice.  If you're into crellies, Make a Wish is for you. If you like holo pinks, then grab First Kiss. Thermal lover? Dream Come True is begging you to take it home.  If you're looking for unique to your collection, I hazard a guess that Chocolate Bliss should be your choice. If you're an insane polishaholic like me, then you will NEED all four.

The set will retail for $35 for full size (this is a really great price, IMO) or $20 for a mini set. You can also buy them as singles for $10 each (full) or $6 each (mini).  The Valentine's Day Quad will be released on January 21st, 2018 at noon EST and you can find them at www.turtletootsiepolishes.com



Turtle Tootsie Polishes










2 comments