Top Shelf Lacquer - February Polish Pickup Exclusive

I'm back with this month's Polish Pickup Exclusive shade from Top Shelf Lacquer called 'With Visions of Sugar Plums'. This month, Polish Pickup's theme is 'Sugar Rush' and includes something for everyone's sweet tooth and more. Before I get to the polish, let me introduce you (or refresh you, if you've participated before) to what Polish Pickup is.....


Polish Pickup is a monthly indie polish collaboration project. Each month fans suggest and then vote on themes, after which brands then create a little bottle of goodness (or an extra) based on the winning theme. The first weekend of each month, the pre-order window opens and customers can shop until their heart's content (or their wallet is empty, whichever comes first). The polish is all shipped from a central location and will all arrive on your doorstep in one tidy, handy little package filled with all that is wonderful.  Oh, did I mention that the shipping rates are the lowest in the indie polish world? AND they combine orders so you only have to pay shipping once (no matter how much you end up ordering?  Yeah.  Genius.

Okay, now that you know what this is for, let's get to why you're here....the polish!

Top Shelf Lacquer - With Visions of Sugar Plums




With Visions of Sugar Plums is described by the maker as burgundy/wine-ish/ berry base with a scattered holo sparkle, colour shifting flakes in a variety of colours, and a sprinkle of colour shifting shimmer that goes from red to green (this is a cousin of the ever sought after Unicorn Pee pigment).  That is a mouthful of a description but believe me when I say it all just works so well.  I would call the base a dusty muted wine and when the light hits that shifting shimmer at just the right angle?  Magic.  Of all the TSL polishes that I have swatched over the years, I found this one the trickiest to capture on camera.  Nothing I did just any justice to it.  It's one of those polish that has nuggles stopping you in the street asking what it is yet the camera simply refused to let its beauty really shine through.  You'll have to take my word that as pretty as these swatches are, this polish is just so much better in person.




I used three coats of 'With Visions of Sugar Plums' for the swatches in this post. The third coat added that feeling of squishiness that I love so much on a polish. I have always loved the formula of Top Shelf Lacquer and this polish held up to its predecessors' reputation.  Easy to apply, no fishing for flakes, and they lay nice and flat on the nail.  A heavy coat of top coat really brings the sparkle of the shimmer to life. 



Top Shelf Lacquer will be selling 'With Visions of Sugar Plums' via Polish Pickup starting on Friday, February 2nd, 2018.  It will retail for $12/bottle and has a cap of 300 polish available.
Polish Pickup

Top Shelf Lacquer

My Lacquer Cabinet 



No comments