Top Shelf Lacquer - Shark Attack (September 2018 Polish Pickup)


Hey everyone! 

Summer is winding down and the only good thing about that for me is that we're going to see more and more fall colours for nail polish pop up.  I am so excited for September's Polish Pickup offerings, which will all be based on makers' favourite scary movies.  If you're wondering what Polish Pickup is, I have a bunch of posts you can reference that better explains the concept (here, here, here, and here).

Today, I am showing off the swatches for my favourite brand's polish which is based on the movie, Jaws. There's a ton going on in this polish depending on the light so this post is photo heavy!


Shark Attack





Duuun dun duuun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun.......

Shark Attack is described as a blurple base colour with linear holo finish; red, blue and colour shifting flakes; and a glass fleck shifting shimmer that shifts from turquoise to purple.

For me, the purple to turquoise was what I could see most easily and the photos don't quite translate just how linear this holo is. I went out for dinner under low lighting and couldn't stop staring at just how linear it is.  In natural light, there is a pink flash that becomes really apparent. 




Like every Top Shelf Lacquer I have owned, this polish applied beautifully and without issues.  The first coat is sheer but it built up on the second coat. I did three coats to ensure there was no visible nail line in photographs but it wouldn't be necessary in real life.  




Above photos are taken outside in natural light with cloud cover. This light really goes to show how complex this polish is.  I am so impressed by the direction Amy took with this polish. For a polish inspired by Jaws, one would expect a grey or even green. I love how the blood red flakes in the deep purple and ocean blue really captures the mystery of the movie.




Shark Attack will be available from Polish Pickup from Friday, September 7th until Monday, September 10th. 

Did this blurple linear holo flakie make YOUR wishlist?


Polish Pickup




No comments