Blacklace Cosmetics - Jenova (June 2018 Polish Pickup)



Hi everyone! It's been a hot minute but I have been busy with some HUGE life changes that has kept me from being able to spend much time on the blog.  In just a few weeks, my husband and I will be leaving our Arctic home where we've lived for the last ten years and are moving across the country. Let me tell you, packing up five Helmers worth of polish has been crazy stressful!

Polish Pickup this month is based on video games and Blacklace Cosmetics is a Canadian brand that is offering a gorgeous polish based on Final Fantasy VII. Here is Jenova.




Jenova is described as a 'greyed out blue with a teal shimmer'. On my skin tone, the base's grey took over which allowed the teal shimmer to really take the spotlight on this polish. I described it as 'shark-like' to the maker and that is exactly what it reminded me of. I really like how Amber-Marie has taken her polishes back to 'basic' lately. Simple, classic, less bells and whistles.  It's something I have be missing for a while.  I love complex polish but sometimes a simple shimmer polish is exactly what you need!




The formula of Jenova was great. It's a little on what I call the 'indie thickness' side, which I describe as staying where you put it when you apply it.  A smooth, easy two coats and I was good to go. It was ALMOST a one coater, but the second coat added depth and more coverage.



Jenova by Blacklace Cosmetics will be available this weekend from Polish Pickup! Be on the lookout for this gorgeous grey when you're doing your shopping! Have you started your wishlist yet?



Polish Pickup












No comments