Supernatural Lacquer - Smizmar (February LE)

It has been -60℃ (-76℉) here for over a week with no end in sight and I am so over winter.  How is it in your neck of the woods? I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that it's warmer than here.  With all this cold and more cold, I am really ready for this season to be over. What better way than with a bright, cheerful shade full of shift, shimmer, and flakes (and not ones made of snow)?  That is exactly what Smizmar by Supernatural Lacquer is.  Keep reading for swatches.


Smizmar



In a land of pink and purple and red polish that is used to represent February and Valentine's Day, leave it up to our favourite outside of the box indie, Supernatural Lacquer, to make a bright green shimmer. And if you know Stefanie and her brand at all, you'll know just how perfect this is.




Smizmar is a lime green creme-jelly hybrid (or 'crelly'), filled with burgundy to gold ultrachrome chameleon flakes, red-orange-gold colour shifting flakes, and red-gold shifting shimmer.  So much perfect in one polish. When I pulled this one out of its bubble wrap, I literally gasped out loud.  It's so special. I am not usually drawn to greens but this is just so unique that I couldn't help myself.  I may need a backup!

So, let's just take a few minutes to talk about the inspiration of this polish and why I think it's so perfect for Valentine's Day.  Once upon a time, there was a cartoon (for adults) series known as Futurama.  A Smizmar was the love partner in Amphibiosan culture.  When an Amphibiosan loved another (his/her 'smizmar'), they entered a highly receptive state where their skin became semi-permeable, allowing for genetic material to pass through (just at touch) resulting in reproduction.  See? I told you!  So awesome for Valentine's Day. I laughed so much when I went back to review what Smizmars are (I watched the series years ago) and realized how tongue in cheek it is.



I used three thin coats of Smizmar for the photos you see here. I tend to use very thin coats and I have a very strongly visible free edge, so the third coat helped to ensure that didn't show up under the bright lights.  The average user, not looking for highly detailed photographs, would very easily get away with two coats.  It applied smoothly and there was no fishing for flakes. A topcoat brought out the fun shimmer and flakes.


Smizmar will be available for pre-order on February 9th and will end on February 11th. It will cost $11.


Supernatural Lacquer
Store / Facebook / Instagram / Fan Group


No comments