Top Shelf Lacquer - Get in the Spirit Collection

Hey everyone! It's been insanely busy around these parts these past few days so it's nothing short of a miracle that I managed to get this blog post 1)done, and 2)before the deadline. Though, when you see the beauties I have lined up for you today, you won't be surprised that I was motivated to stay up later than my normal bedtime to play with the pretty.

Amy has done it again with a new holiday collection perfect for the upcoming season. 'Get in the Spirit' is a collection that is comprised of 6 blingy, sparkly, holo-y polishes that are sure to match your mood this coming month.

I'll get right to the swatches because you're gonna wanna see these. I should mention up here (instead of at the bottom where it could be missed) that this collection will be a one pour only set, which means the bottles will be limited.  Amy has decided to revamp her business model a little and there will be less stock available during collection launches. This will help prevent making too much and having it sit around. You might want to take a close look and act fast because with a model like this, you could potentially miss out should you decide to hold off. 

Get in the Spirit





Jingle 'Til You Tingle

Jingle 'Til You Tingle is described as a rich navy blue with a soft fuchsia glow, linear holo and a sprinkling of holo flakes. So, you might know that I am not a huge blue lover. But navy is a whole different story. And this navy might be my favourite one ever (Enchanted Polish Dark Fantasy has held that spot for ages). It's the flash of fuchsia that does it for me. It adds so much personality.




This, ladies and gentlemen, is a ONE COAT WONDER. I used only one coat of polish to get the coverage that you see in these swatches.  Easily applied and smooth like a baby's bottom.  Winner, winner, chicken dinner. This polish is a must have.




Eggnog Enthusiast

Eggnog Enthusiast is described as a linear gold holo with bronze flakes and blue glass fleck.  Uh, yes please!  I adore gold nail polish and I adore glass fleck, so this little bottle of liquid is all kinds of yes.  The colour did freak my camera out because it just reflected the light all over the place which make the photos look slightly more foil-like than it is in person.




I used two coats for coverage. Easy application and quick dry time.  A must have for the Holidays.




Ho! Ho! Ho! Pour the Merlot!

Ho! Ho! Ho! Pour the Merlot! is described as red linear holo jelly packed with glass fleck and bronze flakes.  There is just something about bronze flakes that does it for me in polish. I don't know....I just find it classy or something. And really, I need all the help I can get in the class department. The glass fleck in this polish reflects the light the same as I mentioned in Eggnog, which makes the photos a touch more foil finish than it is in person.




I used two coats of Ho! Ho! Ho! Pour the Merlot in the photos here. I let each coat dry for a few seconds before adding the next (I find jellies need this) and had no issues.




Drink Up Grinches!

Drink Up Grinches! is described as a green-leaning silver linear holo with bronze flakes and pink to orange shifting chrome flakes.  This is my choice for polish of the collection.  Actually, I think this is Amy's most unique polish of the year. I am not usually one drawn towards silver holos but this baby I wore for several days and couldn't get over how multi-faceted it is.  The lean to green is so interesting because it's not a shift. I would describe it more of a hue.  Whatever the magic.....I like it.




I used two coats for the swatches here. This polish is slightly thicker than I am used to with Top Shelf Lacquer, but in the way that most people have come to love indies.  You do not need thinner or any additive to make it manageable. I am just used to the thinner consistency that TSL usually has.  The flakes take an extra few second with your cotton pad to aid removal, which is normal for flakes.




He Sees You When You're Drinking

He Sees You When You're Drinking is described as royal purple linear and scattered holo with dark navy to purple multichrome flakes and a sprinkling of pink glass fleck. Purple lovers, take heed. This is the polish for you!  I mean, purple polish people tend to be purple obsessed and this one should make any purple-loving heart skip a beat. Did I mention purple? Because, you know....PURPLE.




I used two coats for the coverage that you see in these swatches. I might have been able to do one coat if I'd been a little heavier handed but I like to do thinner coats. Easy application and no issues with removal.




Let's Get Elfed Up

Let's Get Elfed Up is described as greenish teal linear holo with bright green shifty glass fleck. In the bottle this polish leaned more towards a darker teal and on my nails (and with my skin tone) it became closer to a forest green.  Either way, it's a rich polish and I like it.  I like it a lot. Like, a lot a lot.




I used two thin coats to reach full opacity. It applied like buttah and it's consistency is that thinner formula that I love so much.




And that, my friends, is the 'Get in the Spirit' holiday collection by Top Shelf Lacquer.

Release details : The collection will launch Friday, December 8th, at 8pm EST.  Price is $12.00 Full size (15 ml) and $8.50 for Polish Shots (8 ml).  The full collection price is $65 Full size or $50.00 for Polish Shots.  As I mentioned above, these will just be a single pour so don't sit on anything you are hoping to grab.

Are you planning to grab any of these? Let me know in the comments which would be your choice.


Top Shelf Lacquer

No comments