Fiendish Fancies - The Beautiful Creature Collection

Hey world! It's been a hot minute. Welcome to My Lacquer Cabinet 2.0! Back this summer, our home blog was hacked and we have been fighting to regain access ever since.  In the meantime, this blog will be used as a place holder and once we get MLC back up to its former glory, all posts here will be transferred over!
I am so excited to share today's post with you all. This collection comes from one of my favourite brands, Fiendish Fancies, and Lara is back with a set that will make you weak in the knees. Fiendish Fancies has partnered with Fox Searchlight Pictures for the Canadian Release of Guillermo del Toro’s latest film, THE SHAPE OF WATER.


Let's take a look at the swatches for The Beautiful Creature Collection and then follow My Lacquer Cabinet and Fiendish Fancies' social media platforms where one reader and a guest can attend the screening of THE SHAPE OF WATER in Toronto.


In the Water



In the Water is described as a bright marine blue  frost with turquoise shimmer and red microflecks.
I love how the shimmer gives this polish depth and that 'lit from within' quality that I am such a fan of.  It is perfectly named and a great lead polish for the collection.



I used two thin coats of In the Water for the swatches you see here. The first coat almost gave me full opacity but I went with two to ensure there was no VNL and to add depth to the polish.  Easily applied and easily removed. I always worry about staining with blues but this one removed without issue.




Sensitive Asset




Sensitive Asset is described as a seafoam green frost with gold microfleck and blue shimmer.  It was the gold shimmer in this polish that really captured my heart. I am not a huge green lover but I expect that people who are will love the shimmery depth of this polish.


I used tho coats for the coverage you see in swatches.  This polish dried super quickly for me and I recommend a second coat of top coat to help keep that smooth, glassy finish we all love. The shimmer left a slight texture.



Princess Without Voice



Princess Without Voice is describes as a gilded olive frost with bronze, teal, and rose sparkling shimmer.  This polish is a complete chameleon. On my skin, the gold undertones really stood out. On other swatchers, it did have more of that olive tone to it. In some lights it could be considered chartreuse. Whatever you want to call it, it's unique to my collection and great for the upcoming holiday season.



I used three whisper thin coats of Princess Without Voice for the swatches that you see here. Like all of my Fiendish Fancies, this polish applied like a dream.




Understanding Emotions



Understanding Emotions is described as a shifty purple with a flash of blue shimmer, and red and turquoise sparkle flecks.  Guys? This. This right here is Fiendish Fancies' masterpiece.  This polish is the perfect purple for every collection. If you know me at all, you know that it takes a lot for purples to win me over and right now this one is the top of my list for 2017.....maybe ever. I expect this polish will make quite the splash with the fans.



I used two coats of Understanding Emotions for the swatches in this post. It applied easily and smoothly and dried quickly. The trifecta of polish perfection.

Intricate, Beautiful Thing



Intricate, Beautiful Thing is described as stormy grey with copper and orangish sparkle and turquoise shimmer. This polish has a gorgeous metallic feel to it and was the biggest hit with my friends who are not as into nail polish as I am.  It's another one that will be amazing during the holiday season.



I used two coats of this polish for full coverage. I recommend a really light hand when applying to prevent the appearance of brushstrokes.  No issues with formula or application to report. I do suggest a nice thick coat of clear top coat to up the sparkle factor that can be a bit hidden when the polish dries.



As I Am



As I Am is described as a warm chocolate brown with bronze and turquoise microflecks.  This polish is gorgeous and is my own personal choice for the best of the collection.  It's like snuggling up with a cup of hot cocoa only for your nails.



I used two coats of As I Am for the swatches above. It applied like buttah and wore like iron for me. I wore this polish for 5 days with only minimal tip wear. Hard to disagree with that!



And there you have it. Swatches of the Beautiful Creature Collection which has been inspired by the upcoming movie THE SHAPE OF WATER. This collection will be available this Friday, December 8th. The entire collection can be purchased at the price of $65CAD or separately for $13CAD.  While they're all gorgeous, my choices for the collection are As I Am and Understanding Emotions.

Which will you be grabbing?

Fiendish Fancies
Store / Facebook / Instagram / Fan Group


My Lacquer Cabinet
Facebook / Instagram / Twitter

No comments