Inspired Sense - Winter White Collection

Hey all! I hope you are enjoying the holiday break!  I am with family and have been enjoying every second of it.

I am back with a very timely post from a new Canadian hand and nail care brand, Inspired Sense.  When Trish contacted me to try out her collection of hand care items, I jumped at the chance. I live up on the tundra of Canada, which is basically a frozen desert. The cold, harsh winters always take a toll on my skin and I am forever looking for products to combat it. As most of Canada is in a deep freeze this week, I think there is something for everyone in this set.


The Winter White Collection is made up of a oil spritzer, roller ball of cuticle rub, cuticle balm, a heavy duty cuticle protector, goats' milk soap, a moisture bar, and a lip balm. All of these are created with top notch ingredients. As I like to really test out these kinds of products before writing about them, I have been using these things for approximately three weeks. You'll see in the photos that some of the products are well loved. Without further ado, let's get to the review.


Intense Cuticle Protector

The Intense Cuticle Protector is what I would call a cuticle balm. It is a 'traditional' balm in its feel. I used this one in the morning and then a couple times a day. It leaves s shinier look but that absorbs quickly. I had the butter popcorn scent and it was nice and light. Definitely great for bloggers who change their polish often using harsh acetone.


Sleepy Time Winter Nail Strengthening Rub

The Sleepy Time Winter Nail Strengthening Rub is a roller ball style nail oil. It has an added lavender oil and scent that is perfect for relaxing just before settling in for the night. The bottle is frosted so I found that I left fingerprints on it when I used it (this does not affect the product at all, just a personal preference). That being said, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the size of the bottle.  It's taller and thinner than I am used to which makes it perfect for getting the oil under the nail from behind, which is something that I try to do too.  Quickly absorbs. I really recommend this product.


Winter Hydrating Spritzer

The Winter Hydrating Spritzer is my pick for new product that I cannot and will not ever live without again.  It is a cuticle oil that comes in a tiny glass bottle that spritzes onto the nails.  This oil is the quickest absorbing oil that I have ever used and I saw an immediate improvement from my very first use.  I have very short nail beds and my edge is longer in order to have any length but the edge was so paper thin that they were almost clear in some places. From my photos, you can see that the edge is now healthier looking (though, still discoloured from my excessive polish use) and those invisible patches have disappeared.  The 'spritz' comes out a little more like a stream but that is okay. I wish this product came in a 2-3oz bottle.  In my three weeks of testing, I used this stuff up quickly. It's almost all gone!


Winter Hue Cuticle Protector

The Winter Hue Cuticle Protector is another must have product for me. It was created for use when you know you are going to be spending an extended period outside in the cold and contains a high ratio of rosehip and castor oil.  This product is a heavier, yellow balm and it disappears as you rub it in.  I have exceedingly dry heels and elbows during the cold months and have tried a million different things  over the years. Never before have I had a product that made such a difference in a short amount of time, especially to my heels. I won't gross you all out with photos of my feet, but I promise you that they are finally smooth and not painful. I put the balm on at night and in the morning and then add my socks over it. Ah-maz-ing!


Also included in the collection is a lip balm (I received the refreshing scent of orange creamsicle) which I found helped to keep my lips hydrated, a goat milk moisturizing soap (I used it to shave my legs and found it more hydrating than regular soap or shave cream), and a winter moisture bar (mine was a little melty, so I kept it in the freezer and broke it out when I wanted something soothing to put on my skin, like after shaving). There was also a cute sheet of nail decals to use in a winter mani.

So,  overall, what are my thoughts?  Trish has created some amazing products and I want to sing her praises from the rooftops!  The whole collection retails for $40 and comes with a gift (a bottle of indie nail polish made specifically for this collection). Honestly, guys, at $40 this set is seriously underpriced and we'd all be silly not to grab one (or 5) to have and to use as gifts.  If you have to choose items (she sells them separately, too!), my picks for must have items are the Hydrating Spritzer and the Winter Hue Cuticle Protector. Great products, fantastic packaging, and Canadian to boot?  What's not to love?

Inspired Sense



No comments