My Indie Polish - Shifter's Full - Holy Shift Thermal Lovers' Group Exclusive

Hi everyone!  I'm back tonight with a polish I am so excited about!  I have created a Facebook group known as 'Holy Shift - Thermal Nail Polish Lovers' and the lovely Tanya from My Indie Polish agreed to do a group custom. I knew I wanted a polish based on my favourite holiday movie, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, and when we got to chatting and we realized it was a movie we both loved, it was kismet.  Even more so that we both chose the exact same photo still from the movie for inspiration!!


Since we have a running joke of names of polish in our group being based on famous quotes/idioms with a play on the word 'shift', it seemed fitting that we would base this polish on Cousin Eddie.  Hold on to your seats as I introduce "Shifter's Full".

Shifter's Full


 Shifter's Full is a deep teal when cold that shifts to a light grey when warm that is filled with red to gold shifting shimmer.  Every single thing about this colour is perfect and I adore how well Tanya captured the elements of the photo - not an easy feat when making a thermal polish.

Cold state

Cold state
I used two coats in the swatches you see here. I have a very white visible nail line, so in the light state, my free edge is slightly visible. A third coat would most likely make that a non-issue.  There is so much shimmer in the polish that it gives it that indie thickness that people love. When you apply the polish to the nail, it stays exactly where you swiped.  No issues with formula or removal.  I wore the polish for a few days and it honest to goodness got better with time.

Warm state

Warm state
See what I mean?  Just gorgeous.  In it's transitional state, the polish is a gorgeous greyed out teal.  I adore this in all three states and can't get over how versatile it is.

Transitional state



Shifter's Full will be available tonight, Saturday, December 16 at 8pm EST. It will retail for $14 CAD (a little over $10USD) plus shipping. Some are bottled and ready to ship and we will determine whether or not to switch to pre-order based on interest.

Check out the Holy Shift group for details about other customs, thermal boxes, and general thermal nail polish talk.


My Indie Polish




No comments