Top Shelf Lacquer - For Pete's Sake - March Polish Pickup Exclusive

Happy Tuesday, friends! I'm back today with the March exclusive polish being offered by Top Shelf Lacquer for the Books theme in Polish Pickup. It is based off Amy's daughter's favourite series 'Pete the Cat'.


Before we get to the swatches, let me refresh your memory...

You might be wondering "what is Polish Pickup?"

Polish Pickup is a monthly indie polish collaboration project. Each month fans suggest and then vote on themes, after which brands then create a little bottle of goodness (or an extra) based on the winning theme. The first weekend of each month, the pre-order window opens and customers can shop until their heart's content (or their wallet is empty, whichever comes first). The polish is all shipped from a central location and will all arrive on your doorstep in one tidy, handy little package filled with all that is wonderful.  Oh, did I mention that the shipping rates are the lowest in the indie polish world? AND they combine orders so you only have to pay shipping once (no matter how much you end up ordering)?  Yeah.  Genius.


For Pete's Sake





For Pete's Sake is a shifty multichrome polish that goes from purple to blue to teal to red and green. It is filled with chameleon flakes that shift from pink to orange to green. To top it all off, it then has tiny holographic microglitter. Whew!

Okay, in my five years of being a nail polish blogger, I have never come up against a more complicated polish to photograph. In person, it's shifty as all get out. It's complex and eye catching and everything you want an indie polish to be.  But put it behind a camera with professional lighting, and everything wants to run away and hide.  Here are a few more shots to show the differences in the polish.



And, then, as I was wearing this polish, the strangest thing happened.  I was laying at home on my couch in the middle of the afternoon suffering from a cold and when I looked down, I realized that the natural light from my window was making the polish look AH-MAZ-ING!  It was exactly the shiftiness that I wanted the photos to show.  I grabbed my phone and then these swatches appeared and these are the best representation of how the polish looks in real life, even if the photography isn't as great as it would be in my lighting set up.  I decided to include them anyways to help you in your decision making (spoiler - you NEED it!).



I used two coats of For Pete's Sake in the swatches above. The first coat left a few patches but the second coat covered perfectly. Excellent formula and I wore this for five days without any wear of chipping. I wondered about removal since it was so full of stuff but it came off super easily. No extra scrubbing or crazy removal methods required.



While you're in the PPU store this weekend, don't forget to check out Top Shelf Lacquer's secondary product, wax melts.  Also available will be a wax melt clamshell called 'Pete's Missing Cupcakes' which is described as smelling like 'banana nut bread with fresh citrus notes or lime, orange, berry, and cherry in this playful scent with a base of buttercream icing and mellowed out with a touch of sandalwood'.  I am also a fan of wax melts and use Amy's creations all the time and am really excited for this product.


Both 'For Pete's Sake' and 'Pete's Missing Cupcake' will be available for pre-order from Polish Pickup this weekend starting at 11am EST on March 2nd and will close at 11:59pm EST on March 5th. The polish will cost $13 and the wax will be $4.50.
Polish Pickup

No comments